Popular Biker Events in Florida Present Need for Special Insurance
From Bike Week to the Daytona 200, Florida is a popular destination for motorcyclists nationwide. Motorcycles are not covered under traditional auto insurance; therefore bikers need Florida motorcycle insurance to provide coverage for damage or harm to themselves, their motorcycles, their passengers, other motorists, and property. This type of insurance can cover scooters, mopeds, trikes, dirt bikes, motocross bikes, and high powered motorcycles. Types of coverage can include:
• Liability coverage for harm caused to other motorists and / or their property in an accident involving your motorcycle.
• Collision insurance provides coverage for your own motorcycle when it is damaged or destroyed in an accident.
• Comprehensive insurance covers theft of and vandalism to your motorcycle.
• Accessories coverage may pay for damage to accessories you have added to your bike including helmets.
• Uninsured/Underinsured motorist insurance offers a level of financial protection you when another motorist who hits you does not carry any coverage.
Most bikers are aware that motorcycling can be an expensive hobby. Sometimes there are high costs involved with proper maintenance of the motorcycle, replacement of parts, specialty accessories, and safety features like helmets, vests, gloves, goggles, and other clothing. That makes choosing the right Florida motorcycle insurance plan essential to protecting the biker’s investment as well as that of other cyclists and motorists. Contact our office for more information on bikers’ insurance.